My Family

My Family

Monday, January 30, 2012

My Menu

It is Monday. I really dislike Mondays. I like having my husband home for the weekend, I am not so outnumbered and I get to have adult conversations, and watch t.v with him. Mondays just plain suck because you know that there are 5 upcoming working days until I get to have him home all day to help. But it must be done, and I must plan my menu. This last week we had Morgan's birthday party (I will post on that later) and we also lost a really good friend and Tyson's fellow employee Carol unexpectedly on Friday night (as I type this, I know that she read my blog and it breaks my heart knowing she will not be updating Tyson on what is for dinner--she always informed him what I had put down for my menu!) But I still have to plan and I still have to feed the kids, and well I need to eat to. So, here is my menu

Sunday: Crock pot Chicken, peas and Prosciutto with bow tie pasta, and salad (I got this recipe from a crock pot cookbook I have)

Monday: Beef and Gravy with potatoes (I made this recipe up in my head, it is going to be like meatloaf, but I am going to brown the hamburger, pour gravy on it and mix with fried potatoes), corn and rolls

Tuesday: Sweet sausage, Penne with a vodka sauce (I have never made this, but found the recipe here), salad and garlic bread

Wednesday: White Chicken Enchiladas (I have made this once before, recipe is here, however I am going to add mushrooms and peppers to it--it needs more "crunch") Mexican potatoes and refried beans (the girls LOVE beans!)

Thursday: Breakfast for dinner, otherwise known as Brinner! Either Biscuits and gravy or omelets..haven't decided yet.

Friday: Italian Chicken Sandwich's (previously tried and burnt the bread, so must try again!), macaroni salad and fries

Saturday: Turkey Dinner (we weren't home for thanksgiving but I got a turkey anyways, and I really wanted the leftovers, so we are doing Turkey dinner night!)

We got a really good deal on Chicken thru Zayconfoods.com, we got 40 lbs of chicken for only $60! If you haven't heard about them they sell "bulk" amounts of meat and it changes every month, from bacon, beef, fish, chicken, seafood, etc. You pre order and on the day that they are in your city you go and pick it up. This was the first time we ordered from them, but I have to say we got a TON of chicken. Next up is beef, but we are not going to order because it is the same price we pay for it at Costco. However we are going to see about trying other things as they come to Boise. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment