My Family

My Family

Monday, January 23, 2012

Food Review

I have been trying A LOT of new recipes lately with the intentions of giving reviews but I just ran out of time in my day. So I thought I would give an update on all the new recipes I tried last week!

Italian Chicken Soup from The Pioneer Woman: I was so excited to try this recipe, I altered it a bit and cooked it in my crock pot because Cameryn had a 4 pm eye appointment that day and just wanted to make it easier for me to cook this with out it taking too much time! I just waited to do the cream and noodles once we got home from the doctor. It was tasting yummy before I left so I was really excited. We got a ton of leftovers, which I froze. I will alter a few more things. I thought there was too much cream, so I will probably only use 1 cup instead of two, and the 2nd change that both Tyson and I agreed upon was to add some spicy sausage to it. It was just missing "something" and I think that would be a great flavor to add!

The Marlboro Man Sandwich from The Pioneer Woman: I was a bit apprehensive on this sandwich as it calls for a lot of Worcestershire sauce, but it looked so good that I wanted to try it! I did add some mushrooms to it as well and I melted cheese on Tyson's, I wanted to try it without the cheese. Tyson liked it, he said that it was really good and he would eat it again. I thought it was okay, about halfway thru the sandwich the heat started to pick up from the hot sauce so I thought it was getting better. The next day we had enough for both of us to have leftovers and this time I melted cheese on mine and it was SO GOOD! So the changes I would make....add more hot sauce, maybe some green peppers with it as well and definatley melt cheese on top!

Cafe Rio Sweet Pork: I love pulled pork, I would eat it every week if I wouldn't get sick of it eventually. I wanted to find a new recipe rather than doing our normal BBQ Sauce. I stumbled across this recipe and now I have never eaten at Cafe Rio, I thought it was worth a try. It was nice to be able to put it in the crock pot and not have to worry about it the rest of the day! The verdict: it was good, but too sweet for me, I wanted more of a "kick" to it. It was bad, but it wasn't a wow, so I probably won't make it again. We had a ton of leftovers (I used a small pork roast) so the next day I made Taco's with it, which again, were just okay.

BBQ Whiskey Sliders from The Pioneer Woman: I was so, so, so excited to try this. I had never made sliders before and this just looked delicious! I was also going to make Shrimp Quesadillas, but since we had so much leftover pork from the night before I decided to do some fried taco's instead so we didn't waste the meat. The verdict: They were just as yummy as they looked, Tyson really liked them and said that they were so far the best that I have made from PW. I will make these again, they were so easy to cook as well! I am excited at some point to try the Shrimp Quesadilla's as well! Next month some time I will.

This week I am only trying a few new recipes. Next month I am going to go back and re visit a few recipes that we liked, one of them being the Italian Chicken Sandwich, also adding the spicy sausage to the Italian Chicken Soup, I really want to make some homemade pizza's on the grill as well as try a few more recipes that I have stored on my Pinterest! Now, I must go and find some crock pot recipes so we are not stuck eating Chicken Wings this week again (don't get me wrong, I like chicken wings, but as an appetizer, not a dinner)

No comments:

Post a Comment