My Family

My Family

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Goals

I can't believe 2012 is already here! I remember last year and Cameryn and Jaidyn were 5 months old and now they are walking, running, and trying to talk! And Morgan has changed so much as well, not only is she getting more grown up looking and turning 4 this month, but she has also turned a corner of really trying to push our buttons on a daily basis. I am hoping this year, we can come back around to were there is not so much challenging on her part and less time outs!

I don't make resolutions, I never have, but this year I decided to make some goals for myself, my house and my family. It will help us get some more structure in our some what chaotic house!

Cleaning:
1. Deep Clean one room a week (that includes closets, bathrooms, etc.)
2. Hand scrub the floors and baseboards twice a month
3. Dust once a week (not sure why but I STRUGGLE with remembering to dust)
4. Organize our office, including the filing cabinets

Cooking:
1. Create a printed cookbook of all my favorite recipes
2. Try at least 2 new recipes a week
3. Make homemade bread once a week
4. Make some meals ahead of time and freeze them

Playing:
1. Get the girls out of the house to the park or a walk at least 2 times during the week (we usually get out of the house at least 4 times a week, but sometimes it is to run to the store or dr. appts)
2. Spend 1-2 hours a day w/ Morgan while the babies are napping to do craft projects at least 3 times a week (I usually clean my kitchen when I get the girls down, than we have lunch or she has a bath, so I need to get this shifted to an earlier time so I get more one on one time with her)
3. Get Morgan signed up for Soccer (I am so excited to try this, I just hope she plays)
4. Sign Morgan up for swim lessons (another one I am excited for, she loves swimming!)

Academics:
1. Continue to work with Cameryn and Jaidyn and their speech therapy...they have come a long way since we started this almost 2 months ago
2. Work with Morgan 5 times a week on her letters and numbers to eventually learn how to write her name
3. Pursue and research some preschool's to see about Morgan going next fall.

I am going to print my list and hang it up on the fridge with a tracker so that will remind me on a daily basis of my new 2012 goals! I had a great 2011, we had happy times (a ton of them) and some sad times with the loss of Tyson's Uncle Tony but all in all it was a great 2011 and I am looking forward to 2012

1 comment:

  1. Love your goals. Organize/deep clean a room every week or so in on my list, too. :) So glad the girls are doing well in speech!

    ReplyDelete