My Family

My Family

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bye Bye nap time

Morgan has always been a good sleeper and used to be no problem to get her to nap or to bed but last week we decided to stop having Morgan take a nap. We noticed that if she doesn't take a nap she goes right to bed at night time, if she even has an hour nap, it takes up to 45 minutes to get her down. This has been a hard decision for me for numerous reasons, one of them is it is my time that I can get some stuff done around the house, as well as maybe read a book and get more one on one time w/ Cameryn and Jaidyn, another is that she can hit "meltdown" mode pretty fast towards the end of the night.



However it was taking me up to 45 minutes just to get her to nap and then to add another 45 minutes at the end of the night is not fun. I would rather enjoy our time we have then have a fight to have her sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand your nap issues, Angie! We've been back and forth with Shane on this exact issue. Nap or No Nap. Either way is tough. Right now he is sorta in the middle. Some days he naps and other days he doesn't. He must have quiet time though. Which is helpful for about 45 minutes then not so much fun after that. But it gives us both a break from each other for a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete