My Family

My Family

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday Talk

It is funny sometimes some of the things that Morgan says and comes up with. I have been meaning to keep track of the conversations, but after a while I forget. I just had this conversation with her today and it was funny. A little background is that since her cousin Maggie got her ears pierced we have been asking her if she wants to get hers done. I decided that when I had girls I would wait and let them make the decision if they wanted to have their ears pierced. At first when we brought this up she asked if it hurt, I said a little bit and just for a minute, so every time I ask her she would say "No, I don't want it to hurt" Anyways, back to our conversation today this is how it went while we were driving to the store.

Morgan: "Mom, I think I want to get my ears pierced"

Me: "You do?"

Morgan: " Yes, I won't be scared, I can bring my ah ah with me, and I am a big girl now so I can get them done, I am 74"

Me: Laughing as I said "Really, your 74? Or are you 4?"

Morgan: Laughing, "Your right Mom, I am only 4, but I am still a big girl"

Me: "Yes you are, lets wait until Daddy gets home and we will ask him if it will be okay to go get your ears pierced"

Morgan: "Mom, why don't you just text him"

I was laughing, not only for how witty she is, but when I was her age texting didn't even exist. Which then made me feel really old!

1 comment:

  1. Was searching for a GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading and came across your humorous post about your dd wanting her ears pierced after her cousin had it done. Had to pause and laugh because my dd was similarly determined to have her ears pierced too :)

    Sounds like you and dh are on board with her requests. In my case, dh was a little unsure and wanted me to ask our ped.

    Well, I didn't expect what happened next. Our ped actually encouraged me to go ahead saying it was best when mommy could care for them. She said it have become more popular to pierce newborns, infants and little girls ears because is safer with the newer ear piercing instruments than the traditional methods of using a needle, thread by the mother or grandmother. She gave me some suggestions for moms having their dd's ears pierced which included some OTC meds to minimize any discomfort. She said doing them when mommy could care for them was best.


    I didn't have long to wait. One day, dh calls out to me from the family room asking me to come in there. Our dd had gotten a pair of my earrings and was asking dh how to put them in her ears! She almost put one in her ear canal! Dh laughed and told me to take her to have them pierced before we had to take her to the ER to remove an earring!

    At this point, I was ready and told dh I started seeing other little babies including two in church nursery and another little girl in our playgroup with earrings. I finally realized how cute our little toddler and her younger sister would look with cute earrings and yielded to pressure. Almost in a spur of the moment, I decided to have our 6 mo dd's ears pierced too :) She did great with her sister.

    I dont' know if you went ahead and had them done or not, but I'd say if you're still on the fence to go ahead. She'll look adorable in her Easter pictures with little earrings. Read where you had two younger girls. If you've even remotely thought about having their ears pierced, then you mommy intuition is telling you to do them now too :) The ears were very easy to care for.

    If you or any other moms would like our ped's tips, write me an e-mail.

    Angie
    angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete