My Family

My Family

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Grocery Challenge

Well another week has gone by and we even lost an hour today, but my menu planning must continue. I was reading THIS blog the other day and decided to give my self a challenge for my next grocery trip. I always grocery shop for a month at a time--with the exception of fresh fruits and veggies. I always shop after the 15th of the month due to our budget, again with the exceptions of fresh food and maybe "emergency" items we need. Also, since I do shop for the whole month, we spend around $300 a month, when you are feeding 5 people, that is a lot of food to make and it is just going to get worse as they get bigger!!!

So, after reading the blog I was talking about earlier she feeds a family of 6 and tries to only spend $100 a month. I thought well I am spending pretty much that for our family of 5 so maybe I could cut it down. My challenge that I will be doing is to half my grocery budget on the next trip so try to stay at $160. I normally shop, than make my menu, but now I have made my menu, made my list up and hopefully we will stay in my budget (based on my totals that I think everything will cost, I would be at $163, and that is w/o any coupons. I still have to match those up. If I could save $150 a month, than we would be able to take a family vacation, or maybe buy something fun for the house, etc. I will update you all and let you know how it goes, I am really excited and love being challenged by this challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment