My Family

My Family

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Taco Soup

If you know me you know how much I LOVE to talk about food, how I LOVE to eat food and how I LOVE to try new recipes. I decided to start posting some of my cooking adventures along with the recipes so I can share with everyone if they decided they wanted to try something new. I have to say one of my FAVORITE recipes that I have created is my Taco Soup recipe. I had never made it before last year and I have to say that it is probably one of my best creations I have done so far.

1lb of ground beef

1 onion chopped

1 can of stewed tomatoes

1 can of diced tomatoes

1 can of corn

1 can of kidney beans

1 can of black beans

1 can of black olives

1 can of mild green chilies

1 QT of chicken stock

Taco Seasoning

Pepper

Garlic Powder

Onion Powder

Cumin


Brown hamburger and onion together. Drain fat off beef and add taco seasoning. I use bulk taco seasoning to my taste but it is usually 2-3 packets. Add chicken stock. Add tomatoes, corn and green chilies with the juice. Drain and rinse kidney and black beans and add. Chop olives and add.


As far as the seasonings go, I just add to my liking of taste. I love Cumin but you don't want to over do it on this soup as it can get really spicy so add the seasonings to your liking.


Let simmer 2-3 hours prior to eating. It is best served with shredded cheese and sour cream mixed in. We also eat with tortilla chips. I recommend Juanita's chips as they are the best. This does make a TON of soup so you can even freeze some for later. It is also better the next day as it sits over night!


I hope you all enjoy this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment