My Family

My Family

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Morgan Jo, 3 years, 3 months and 9 days



IT'S POTTY TIME... Over the last few months we have talked and talked to Morgan about going potty on the toilet..she wanted NOTHING to do with it...except at random times, she would just go on the potty and come out and tell us even though we weren't pushing it. I really wanted to get her potty trained because I want to get her into preschool as I think that is something she will love and begin to develop some of the skills she needs minus the distraction of her sisters. So, my new approach, tell her everyday all of her friends that go potty on the toilet. I told her Reagan, Brooks, Makenna, Keaton, and cousin Maggie all go potty on the toilet.


On my birthday, April 25Th...she told me she wanted to wear underwear...I tried to not act as excited as I was so she felt like it was her idea but I was so excited!!! To flash back a few days, she would poo on the toilet but if I asked her to pee she wouldn't, I was thinking this is totally backwards, usually they have a problem going poo after they are potty trained...but then again she has always been obsessed with poo...seriously....so I was excited for her to start going potty on the toilet!!


So we had told her a while back if she went potty so many times she could get a Jessie doll, from Toy Story, so she had gone enough last Thursday that would warrant me getting the doll, I just didn't have enough time.. I tried to have the Easter Bunny get it for her but couldn't find it in any of the stores we went too.


On Monday I made it my mission to find her Jessie doll, this is 1 week after going potty on the toilet. She went pee and poo that morning, and we set off to get Jessie.....as soon as we got home, she thru a HUGE fit because she wanted a diaper...I didn't know what to do, my first reaction was "are you kidding me" and I think I actually said that to her then I told her that she could have a diaper but I get to take Jessie away....she finally understood...


Now...she is holding her poo and when she doesn't hold it she goes in her underwear. At least she is not having accidents and going pee all the time, but really poo? She was all about poo at the beginning and not so much now. Also she REFUSES to go in public bathrooms, she says she has to go, I take her and she won't go...that is probably the MOST frustrating of the situation..


I just have to remember that this only happened a week and a half ago and that I just need to be patient and remember I am only using 1 diaper a day for her....thank goodness for going potty on the toilet! Wait 2 years from now when I am trying to potty train 2 kids!

3 comments:

  1. I think you guys are doing great so far! It is very normal to have kids who don't want to go in public bathrooms. I have heard this a lot. Lucky, Shane never had this issue. It's just weird and loud and scary I think. Keep with it, she'll get it!! I'd say for sure stick to the no diaper during the day thing. She has made it this far, don't turn back. (I am assuming the one diaper is at night.) I also hear girls can be harder to potty train...but who knows. I'll let you know after I potty train Adalyn. Then I can compare the two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We carry a potty in the car, Xalen loved it. At tee ball practice I pulled it out when Brinlee had to go and she refused, said she wanted a big potty. Go figure! If you take plastic bags you can use them as liners and toss them when she is done. Before you know it she wil want to use every public bathroom... At least that is what mine did after getting over the initial anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps, the second time is loads easier!

    ReplyDelete