My Family

My Family

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Goodbye Cable

We decided to go ahead and cancel our cable for a couple of reasons, the first being that we don't really have a lot of time to watch TV right now and to pay an extra $90 a month for something we don't get to enjoy didn't make sense. Also we need to save that extra money for things like diapers, clothes, baby food etc, also right now we only have 1 working TV, our big TV that was downstairs broke a while back, we purchased a $120.00 light bulb thinking that was it and it didn't fix it, it will cost us another $150.00 for the other parts that we think MIGHT fix it. So we moved our bedroom TV downstairs and I cancelled cable!

I thought I was going to be really sad about it since I do watch TV when I am feeding the babies and after everyone is in bed. I have to say that I haven't missed it. We have our PS3 hooked up to stream netflix as well as we signed up for Hulu which you can watch TV shows through there. I have been very pleased with this since the Hulu cost us $20 for the YEAR. It is a little slow from time to time but it is worth the patience to be saving over $90 a month!!! Now I do miss my DVR but that is exactly what Hulu is. It has been great because they have a ton of kids stuff as well and so if Morgan wants to watch something we can search for it.

Now I just wish Netflix had more newer movies to watch but then we do get on DVD at a time so if only I was better about watching those movies and returning them then I could watch more updated movies.

Now I only wish we would of done this sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment