My Family

My Family

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Foo Who?

I don't know about all of you, but I LOVE music. It makes me feel good, happy and I have some pretty good memories associated with certain songs.

Of course my taste really does range from country, to oldies, to old rock, to alternative, to classical and even some hip hop songs.

Driving home from the bank today a Foo Fighters song came on the radio and I was just rushed with memories that has now inspired me to write this blog. Of course I had the kids in the car, one was napping, so It wasn't like I could crank the volume and belt out the words, even though I wanted to.

I started thinking back to when Tyson and I first met. Music was such a huge part of our relationship. He introduced me to music that I didn't listen too, like Foo Fighters, Offspring, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Blink 182, Elvis Costello, etc. We also have been to a ton of concerts together, he of course has been to many more than I have. We have been to Pearl Jam, Offspring (I even won us backstage passes), The Rolling Stones, The Warped Tour (a bunch of bands playing) and I know there are more, I just can't remember.

My point...now in the reality of our situation, having three kids, cleaning, laundry, home improvements, we just don't have time to sit down and listen to the music we love. It is not like I can blare the radio while the babies nap and clean the house. It is not like we can just drop and go to a concert with out having planned in the future for a babysitter.

My Vow: To pick a CD and play that CD until I have finished it and start the process over again. I of course won't be able to play it as loud as I would like, but maybe I will have some happy endorphins running through my blood to make the day that much better!

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Great idea. I try to bring a new CD into the car as often as I can remember and give it a good listen. It does bring back so many memories. We listen to music a lot during the day, but often it gets taken over by the "kid song" channel. We have also talked about how not going to concerts has been a big change for us. I do miss the days of concert going when ever we wanted. Some day they'll return...actually I can't wait to take Shane to his first Jack Johnson concert and Kenny has even talked about taking him to Warp Tour (when he is old enough of course).

    ReplyDelete