My Family

My Family

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Transitions

As Cameryn and Jaidyn are approaching one, I again am having to change up their schedule! It makes it for a few hectic weeks, but it has to happen.



The first thing we started was giving them "people" food. They just are not that interested in me feeding them baby food anymore so I figured, time to make the change! So far they have tried Mac and Cheese (a HUGE hit), baked potato (just so so with them), buttered noodles, spaghetti (another HUGE hit), baked beans, frozen peas, green beans, vanilla yogurt (a favorite of theirs), pears, bananas, club cracker, Ritz crackers, goldfish, shredded and sliced cheese.
Cameryn does great with the food of course, she likes her food. Jaidyn on the other hand has a hard time I think with touching the soft food. I don't know if it is just the texture she doesn't like or if she wants me to feed it to her. She will eat it if I feed it to her so I am thinking it is the texture of the food. She is getting better at it everyday.



We also finished our last can of formula and instead of me going out to buy some more we started transitioning into whole milk. This is going to be nice because formula is expensive (although we buy Costco brand and it is $17 a can) but they go thru 2 cans a week. So this is going to be saving us about $120 a month!!


I can't believe a year has gone by already, my little babies are growing up so fast!


The next few transitions we are going to be going thru are, no more bottle and going from 2 naps to 1 nap a day. Right now they nap from 9-11, then 2-4--sometimes the times vary depending if they wake up early or not. Then I start bedtime at 730 but for the last few nights they have been fighting going to bed even though they have been up for over 4 hours, so I am thinking we have to start increasing the amount of time they are up before we put them down. I am hoping for a goal of napping from 11-2, but since they get up at 6 am EVERY morning this is going to be a difficult task to do! I am just not sure if they will be able to be up for 5 hours at a time, but this is something that has to happen so I am going to just stay positive and see how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Adalyn just transitioned from 3-2 naps and a later bedtime. She increased her awake window instantly it seems. She was barely up for 1.5 and now she'll go 2-4 hours. It has been an interesting week as we figure it all out, but I think for once we might actually have a schedule with her!! Good luck on your newest transitions. They change and grow so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some of the same worries with Brinlee at one, at her day care the did not do bottles or morning naps at all, she transitioned very nicely I hope you have the same luck!

    ReplyDelete