My Family

My Family

Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Menu

Brrr it has been cold outside!  I love cooking when it is cold outside, there is just something cozy about having a warm stove cooking away comfort food while it is chilly outside!  I have really been wanting to make a lot of different soups for dinner, but the girls tend to not eat a ton of it when I make it so I am doing a slow transition for them so they will get used to it and start to eat more.  So with that said, here is my menu for this week


Sunday:  Chili (had a big batch frozen) and Cornbread

Monday:  Tuna Noodle Casserole (hoping the twins eat this as they are not fans of casserole, but hey they have to get used to it), Corn and Rolls

Tuesday:  Meatloaf (this time I am trying The Pioneer Woman's--no surprise!), Cheesy Potatoes and Green Beans

Wednesday:  Beer Can Chicken, Leftover Potatoes, and Leftover Veggies

Thursday:  Brinner!  Breakfast for dinner, Pancakes, Bacon, Eggs and Hash browns.  (so much because I prefer eggs, Morgan prefers pancakes)

Friday:  OUT (either out or order in, but I get at least 1 day off from cooking in a month)

Saturday:  Steak, Caramelized Mushrooms and Onions, and Shrimp Scampi.



I have to get a grocery trip in this week as well.  We don't need much but some of the essentials like Rice, noodles, veggies, and I need to stock up on just a few meat items like Ground Beef and Chicken.  But before I get to the grocery store I want to plan my menu for the next month (which is how I used to do it) so then I can make sure that we have most of the stuff for the month and then I don't have to run out in the cold with three kids to pick up stuff.  We will save that for the fresh produce I have to get. (and that is like once a week, we go through a lot of fruit in this house)  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment