My Family

My Family

Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Menu

Here is my menu for the week. I went grocery shopping yesterday and our fridge is packed full of fresh veggies and fruit again! I have a TON of vacuum sealing to do as I bought a lot of Meat for our freezer as well. We have to make one trip to Costco to get the rest of our stuff (I get hamburger there, coffee, whole milk, corn and green beans). Yesterday we bought a smoker from Home Depot so we are going to be using that alot to see what kind of good food we can smoke! Yesterday we BBQ'd homemade pizzas and they turned out delish, so we will probably do that more often!

Sunday: Pulled Pork (on the smoker), Corn on the cob (on the smoker), twice baked potato's and home made bread sticks (I have left over pizza dough)

Monday: Chicken Fajitas, homemade guacamole, mini tator tots, and refried beans (Morgan LOVES refried beans)

Tuesday: Oriental Chicken Salad--from Applebee's, except I am making it, you can find the recipe Here. Maybe some spicy chicken wings as well.

Wednesday: Taco Soup and Cheese Quesadilla's (I have to use the rest of our tortilla's)

Thursday: Lasagna (cooked on the BBQ), Garlic Toast and Salad

Friday: ?? My friend Lee from MN is coming with her son on Wednesday, so maybe we will order out or something

Saturday: ?? I want to smoke a Turkey, but we are probably going to the fair in the morning....and it takes forever and I don't want to leave the house after we start it. Brisket is an option as well!

I am super excited for the fair, nothing is better than fair food. I know my "must haves" will be a pronto pup for sure, I want to definitely get a Gyro, corn on the cob is always good. I haven't had tortatoe's forever so maybe those as well, otherwise I want to try something new, either Gumbo or something different that is deep fried? Gotta love fair food!

1 comment:

  1. I do not know the food you speak of! Also we were thinking of doing a turkey this weekend any good websites on smoking techniques you could recommend? You post makes me want to try it!

    ReplyDelete