My Family

My Family

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

1 year checkup

Cameryn and Jaidyn had their 1 year check up last week! Everything went well, all except for one detail, which I will get into in just a little bit. Here are their stat's from the appointment





Cameryn:

Weight 24.56 lbs---95 percentile

Length 29 inches---38 percentile

Weight to Length---99 percentile



We were told to go down to 24 ozs of milk a day (I had been giving 32 ozs) and to especially watch Cameryn...she LOVES her milk but she is so chunky already she doesn't really need the "extra" calories. She is built just like Morgan was so I am not concerned, I know once she starts walking a lot of the chub will go away!



Jaidyn:

Weight 19.94 lbs----50 percentile

Length 28.5 inches---21 percentile

Weight to Length---69 percentile


We had mentioned to the nurse that when Jaidyn is upset she will throw her fore head to the ground, over and over until we are able to comfort her (she does it a lot when I cant get her bottle made fast enough or if one of her sister's takes something away from her, even when "strangers" look at her she will do it. When my nephew was here one Sunday she kept crawling on the carpet, on her forehead, crying. It was so bad she gave her self a carpet burn. The Dr. said that it is common to have a kid who will bang their head in frustration and that the best thing to do is scoop them up and put them somewhere safe where they cant hurt their head, like a porta crib and then they will learn that they are not going to get comfort from throwing a "tantrum" Once she started reviewing the girls stat's that was when the one concern came about! Jaidyn's head size jumped from 17.91 from her 9 month appointment to 18.8 (Cameryn had gone from 18.11 to 18.5). So the Dr. was a bit concerned about the rapid growth along with the head banging. She said that if the head banging gets worse we need to call in and she is going to order a head scan. If it doesn't get worse on her next appointment if her head size jumps than she will order a head scan then. So, that is some scary news and I am hoping that everything is okay.



Her head banging has continued, I wouldn't say worse, but is still happening. I am going to give it a week or two before seeing if I should call in for the head scan. On the other news, Jaidyn is consistently standing up, in the most random spots, I would say, she just doesn't want to take that first step (little stinker). Days after she started this Cameryn started as well. It is amazing what they learn from each other! Pretty soon, we are going to have walkers on our hands (help me now please).


I still can't believe a year has gone by! I am getting excited for this winter to see how they are at Christmas time with presents and snow (what little snow we get), and I am so excited for the new adventures and memories we will have as a family!! I will keep you all updated on the result of Jaidyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment