My Family

My Family

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Schedule and Changes

This last week with Cameryn getting sick we found ourselves in a "new" schedule regarding bedtime! Because I had to take her to the Dr. three times last week their nap schedule got all messed up and ended up ready for bed at 645 rather than 745 every night. I can say that we are pleased with this because then Tyson and I get more time together and to just relax with all the kids down. I had been wanting to start this routine for a while but just couldn't get the timing right. I think also they are wanting to eat food more than milk so I started feeding them their dinner before we eat ours, rather than after and that helps a ton because they can roll on the floor, sit in the bumbo or the exersaucer and wind down. I was worried that they would start waking up an hour earlier but that hasn't happened yet!

The changes I am making is in regards to their naps, usually they napped in the living room either in the bouncy seats or the swing. I have noticed over the last few weeks, that they wouldn't nap long enough, sometimes not at all, mostly because we have a very active 3 year old that would either wake them up or keep them up. I decided this was a good time to transition them to their cribs for nap, not only that but to put them their awake so they learn to just go to sleep on their own. We did not do this with Morgan and have been paying for it ever since. She is by far the most difficult to get to bed so I didn't want to make the same mistake with Cameryn and Jaidyn. I also wanted some quality "one on one" time with Morgan and with them upstairs away from the noise this allows us to do that as well as play outside!

The first day went okay, Jaidyn fell right asleep and slept for almost 2 1/2 hours! The 2ND day Cameryn was the one who napped (in the morning) for almost 3 hours! Today, I was determined for them BOTH to go in for BOTH their morning and afternoon naps. They both fell asleep right away, Jaidyn only lasted 25 minutes where Cameryn took a 2 hour nap. This afternoon they both went down and it took a few minutes for them to fall asleep but they lasted for an hour!
I am so happy that this is the step in the right direction I want to take. It was nice because Morgan and I got about 45 minutes to play outside, since it was really warm out. This does limit me and what I can do during the day as far as going out and running errands. But I am a stickler for "schedule" and I am going to tackle this! My next step is to tackle night time where we can just lay them down at night too, I think if I can get 2 weeks of naps in the bed time will be no problem! Tonight Jaidyn woke up just as I was about to move her so I decided to go ahead and try and it took her about 10 minutes but she went down! So now I am confident that they are ready...I am just not, they are growing up so fast :(, but it is a good thing especially when we have babysitters, for them to be able to just lay them down will make their time much easier!!
Here are some pictures of our One on One time!

No comments:

Post a Comment