My Family

My Family

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

4 month check up


The twins had their 4 month check up today. Since we no longer have insurance we decided to go back to our first pediatrician Dr. Beauchaine, we had to switch when I changed jobs and my insurance changed and we have missed her ever since!!!

Cameryn weighed in at 12lbs and 12oz's, she was 22 3/4 inches long, which puts her in the 28% for weight to age and 83.4% for weight to length as well at 5.78% for length to age. So needless to say she is doing great, is hitting all the right milestones.

Jaidyn weighed in at 11lbs and 5ozs, she was 22 1/2 inches long, she is at 8.82% for weight to age and 3.36% for length to age. She has a bit of a ways to go with her head and holding it up compared to Cameryn but she will get there.
Some unfortunate news, Jaidyn is going to be watched for cerebral palsy, the DR said that her leg muscles seem to tight and thinks she might have a "mild" case of cerebral palsy, it will be checked again in 2 months and if it is still the same she will have to go into physical therapy. She was also concerned with her not stretching her hands, Cameryn already is ahead of her on that and Jaidyn is tight fisted all day long, so she said that because they were born 4 weeks early it may just take her a little bit longer to relax her hands.

I immediately freaked out thinking that she was going to be the "joke" in school and everyone is going to make fun of her, but the Dr assured us that physical therapy will help and you might not even notice. She said that she thinks she has "heel to heel" which is when she walks instead of walking straight she will walk heel to heel.

I guess I took for granted that my first was so healthy and we didn't have any problems to having two beautiful twins and if it is not one problem it is another, and it is so frustrating because all we want is for our kids to be healthy and happy.

I am going to TRY to not worry too much about it and see what happens, all I know is I love my family and I love my kids and to me that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment