My Family

My Family

Thursday, October 28, 2010

New Routine

So you would think after 3 months of having twin newborns and a toddler we would have a routine worked out....WRONG....we are still working out the kinks but I think we FINALLY have a system worked out!!!

To go back a ways when I was working I felt very guilty for leaving Morgan in daycare which resulted in me enjoying my time with her when I could get it, so sleep time I never did the crying out method, it was time I got to spend with her and make her feel special, well that just bit me in my rear end because as she got older she realized it!!!

When we got pregnant the next time I put it into high gear, she was still in her crib but she understood that she got 10 minutes of cuddle time with me and off to bed she went, she took to that easy, then when we converted her crib to a bed, she transitioned just fine......when the toddler bed came to play which was May she HATED it, so I was a sucker and let her fall asleep in my bed and moved her. The only problem with this was it could take up to an hour and w/o any other children it was fine, no problem.....then July 20Th happened

The babies came and all of sudden I realized my mistake with Morgan's sleeping and it was too late to take back what I had done. So we had to make a decision and that decision was Morgan is a big girl and needs to be treated like one. For the last 4 weeks we have been doing the "crying" it out method except she doesn't cry she just gets out of her bed. She does really well some nights and other nights it takes us over an hour to get her down.

We have also been struggling with the twins because when we would sit down for dinner at 630 they would want to eat but we weren't ready for them to eat because we still had to deal with Morgan, so I proposed a new schedule to Tyson which is dinner ready at 530, he does bath time and playtime with Morgan while I feed and change the girls, then when she is ready to go to bed at 730-8 the girls will be falling asleep and then when I get Morgan down I can move the girls to bed. What do you know for the last 2 days that has worked!!!! I am hoping this is our last schedule change, I know that as the twins get older there will be a few changes but I am only one person vs. 3 so one step at a time :)


The lesson in all of this, I now know that with the twins it WILL NOT be this way and we will do the "cry" it out method with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment