My Family

My Family

Monday, January 26, 2009

Morgan is 1 today!!!

Wow where did the time go? Morgan turned 1 today and I remember the whole time at the hospital and it seems just like yesterday!!! She was so tiny and I was so excited to be bringing her home but at the same time I think we were both scared knowing that we had to take care of a little one!!! It is always fun to look back at the pictures of her!! I don't look so good in the pictures but at the time I guess I didn't really care!!

Here is a picture of me in labor before she came:


As many of you know and maybe not know I didn't get to experience the "birth" like most people get too. I checked into the hospital at 11 am on Friday, pitocin was started by 8 pm (after two rounds of sidateck) and I had contractions all night long and finally around 4-5 am I got an epidural (I went as long as I could without) I noticed on the epidural that my left side wasn't totally numb and they said it was probably because of how they had it in my back, no big deal. Then they broke my water around 8 am. When I was finally dialated they thought she had flipped around and was breach, so they did an ultrasound and saw that she was face up, which my doctor said that it is very RARE that you can deliver that way, so I started pushing and they kept trying to flip her and they could get her 3/4 around but she would flip right back. So after 1 1/2 hours of pushing we decided to do a C Section. In the operating room after they gave me the numbing medicine again my left side wasn't numbing, I could still feel it. After TWO anaesthesiologist they decided that I had to be out!!! So Tyson had to leave the room (I guess because it was "surgery")and I was knocked out and didn't get to her her first cry or even see her for a few hours till after she was born. It was sad but she was healthy and that was all I cared about!!!

Here is a picture of us sleeping together, she loved to sleep this way!!!



After Morgan was born they brought her out to Tyson and up to our room, so he got almost 2 hours of bonding time with her before I was taken out of recovery and up to the room. I am sure Tyson was a bit scared but I am happy that they got that time together because she still is and probably always be daddy's girl

Morgan had all kinds of visitors that came to see her, every one was just as excited as we were, especially Aunt Jamie. I think that Aunt Jamie is going to definitely spoil her as she gets older and since Morgans cousin Maggie came just a few weeks later she has a best friend for life already!!



Even Reagan, Don and Heathers daughter was excited for Baby Morgan to be here, even though Reagan is 2 1/2 years older I think that they as well will be good friends as the years go by.



I still can't believe how tiny she was, she didn't stay small long enough!!! We are so happy and blessed to have a healthy, beautiful girl and wouldn't trade it for anything!!


We are truly blessed to have a happy, healthy baby!!! I will be posting her birthday party pictures next and can't wait for this next year of milestones and to see her evolve into who she is going to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment