My Family

My Family

Monday, June 11, 2012

My Menu

It's that time again for my menu.  This has been a rough last couple of weeks.  You know the saying when it rains, it pours.  Well it flooded in our house (not literally), but between Camas getting sick and having surgery, to our laptop going caput, and this past weekend we had to put our cat of 12 years down.  She was old, having a hard time getting around and was going to the bathroom everywhere.  Now she wasn't the nicest cat (well she was to me and to Tyson, but that was it) she was our first pet we got together and it was hard to make the decision to do this.  But it is the cycle of life and I knew it was going to happen at some point.  So, I am going to move forward and hope that things start to get better and hopefully things stop breaking!

Sunday: Teriyaki Chicken Legs, roasted potatoes and pasta salad (I tried this new recipe and it is delicious!)

Monday: Pork Chops, corn on the cob, and tomato cream noodles (this is new for me and of course from The Pioneer Woman)

Tuesday: Spaghetti, salad and garlic bread (Morgan has been requesting this meal all weekend, so I must oblige)

Wednesday: Crock Pot Honey Chicken ( I have tried this once and want to try it again as it didn't turn out like I expected), rice and green beans

Thursday: Penne Ala Betsy (another new recipe and from The Pioneer woman) salad and homemade bread sticks

Friday:  ??  I really, really want to go camping, but we are still discussing if Camas would be okay since she is still recovering.  If not maybe Chinese Takeout.

Saturday:  If we don't go camping then we will BBQ something.

I just noticed that there is a lot of pasta this week, but the girls LOVE pasta so I know that they will be eating good.  I am also excited because the salads we will have are going to have the lettuce and radishes from our garden!  I love summer time and having a garden it is nice to be able to go in  your back yard and pick out food to eat.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment